Saturday, October 17, 2015

BOOK REVIEW - Love Everlasting

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
Abrianna Cunningham has always viewed her longtime friend, Wade Ackerman, as a protective  brother. Lately, however, she’s begun to see him differently and finds herself attracted romantically to him. But she’s confused and overwhelmed by these unfamiliar feelings.  Wade, on the other hand, has loved Abrianna for some time and has been waiting for her to realize they are more than just friends. When he asks her to marry him, she asks for time to adjust to their changed relationship. And then there’s Priam Welby, who has been relentlessly pursuing Abrianna. Will his underhanded tactics succeed in luring Abrianna into marriage with him?
Author's Website:  http://traciepetersonbooks.com/brides-of-seattle-series/

MY REVIEW:
Maybe it is the happy ending, but I always find the last book in a Tracie Peterson series is my favorite.  Throughout the series I have grown fond of our heroine, Abrianna, and her exciting adventures. Love Everlasting lets us see Abrianna in an adventure that may just cost her life and she deserves the casting role of heroine.

All along in the series, we have known that Wade has started to think of Abrianna as more than a friend and we finally get to see how Abrianna returns those same feelings.  I enjoy the differences in their personalities and how they compliment each other.  I believe that makes for a great marriage.  Her lively, adventurous spirit works well with his calm, practical spirit.  He tames her somewhat and she brings him to life.  How Wade would quieten her with his kiss was perfect.  My favorite parts of the book were their conversations.

As I read this book, I was reminded of the word change.  Abrianna was 21 years old and that age range brings about a lot of changes - physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually.  Then, I felt the spirit remind me that life is full of changing seasons.  I recently turned 40 and I feel like I am going through one right now, so I wondered what lessons I could learn from Abrianna's story.  Remember to fully trust God, remember that I have friends and family that love me, and remember that in times of change... never change who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment