Saturday, April 18, 2015

JOURNAL - Scripture Journaling!

Journaling has been such a blessing to my spiritual life - especially in the way I read and understand the Bible.  As an audiovisual learner and an obsessive list-maker, using these study skills in my journaling has really opened my eyes to things I have missed in His Word.  The Inductive Study Method created by Precepts has also played a huge role in my understanding of the Bible.  I find it uses a lot of investigative journalism methods that I learned in school and helps to keep me focused as I study.  Honestly, I have a mind that wanders when I try to study - learning to block out the distractions is not something I have mastered.  Whatever your study skills were in school, you should give them a try with your Bible study.  You may be surprised at the impact as well!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the unique way you make notes as you study the Bible. I really like the first page of the Acts study. It is a colorful way to explore the 5 W's and How. I also like the "SOAP" method you mentioned. The compare and contrast method certainly requires a lot of thought. I liked your little owl that you drew, also. I look forward to your next video journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your journals. So inspiring. I love everything about your ministry.

    ReplyDelete